Sunday, September 18, 2005

Crawfish Pie





Here's Crawfish Pie finished!! I plyed it with rayon and 6mm (I think) black glass buttons. About every three long pulls (about a yard) I added a piece of roving about 2" x 4" and just let it ply on the sage green base. Then I plyed again with handspun, hand painted and handcarded pink roving every time I came to one of the pieces of pink roving I had added to the base color. At the beginning, end, inbetween, wherever I liked, I slid some beads up the rayon to add some eyes to the little critters. I think it's kind of cute, especially since I love crawdads!! YUMMY!! So, this was my first experimental piece that was actually at some points done with three fibers at one time. Sometimes I had a tangled up mess, sometimes I had to pull a big crawdad thru the oriface, sometimes I said swear words... bad ones. But, all in all it's kinda cute. Makes me chuckle a little when I look at it!
My blood pressure is high!! I NEVER have high bp! Doing some research on the net I find that two of the pain meds the physical therapist has me on cause high blood pressure and elevated pulse rate. Are they trying to kill me?? I HATE medicine!! Goodbye pain pills and muscle relaxants. I do love the little rush of Vicodin, but I don't like knowing my heart's working overtime!! Spinning is my meditation....
Namaste!!

No comments: